SIM is a system and services monitor for ‘SysVinit’ systems. It is designed to be intuitive and modular in nature, and to provide a clean and informative status system. It does this by consistently verifying that services are online, load averages are in check, and log files are at reasonable sizes. Many other SIM modules sport different and in-depth features to bring a well rounded tool to your disposal to stop otherwise common issues daunting internet hosts.
- Service monitoring of HTTP, FTP, DNS, SSH, MYSQL & more
- Event tracking and alert system
- Auto restart ability for downed services
- Checks against network sockets & process list to ensure services are online
- Advanced HTTP service monitoring, to prevent commonly encountered issues
- System load monitor with customizable warnings & actions
- Ability to auto restart system with definable critical load level
- Priority change configurable for services, at warning or critical load level
- Informative command line status display
- Easily customizable configuration file
- Auto configuration script
- Auto cronjob setup feature
- Simple & Informative installation script
- Integrated auto-update feature
Funding for the continued development and research into this and other projects, is solely dependent on public contributions and donations. If this is your first time using this software we ask that you evaluate it and consider a small donation; for those who frequent and are continued users of this and other projects we also ask that you make an occasional small donation to help ensure the future of our public projects.